Tuesday, December 11

Okay kids, now it’s time for “Candice tries to explain life with a random adage she made up.” Yay!

Life is, in its most duo chromatic sense, like theatre. There are tragedies, and there are comedies. We are often quite quick to cry at the tragedies, slow to laugh at the comedies, and almost always fail to see that there’s no distinct line between the two. In essence, in the great cosmic play, we are all the comic relief.

I just added that last sentence at the end. Kind of brings the whole theatre of life theme full circle. I feel as though this minute morsel of magnificent will lose some of its scintillating effect by any effort to clarify on my part, but since I can be wordy, and I also do so happen to love the sound of my own hands typing, I can’t resist. One indisputable example of the bleeding and blending of comedy and tragedy, the “opposites” attraction in to copulation and ergo, the creation of a progeny, is the show “ America's Funniest Home Videos.” For those who aren’t familiar with the show (where have you been existing for the previous fifteen years, dwelling beneath an igneous boulder?) (I’m a douche) I’ll sum it up quickly: people or animals or babies (because they aren’t people?) do funny things, almost always involving someone getting hurt, videotape it, send it in to win a prize, and the viewers, whether in the audience or at home, laugh. Now that I’ve explained the program, I think it would be redundant to expound further on my point. People get hurt, we laugh, and thus the line is blurred.

As a speedy aside, I learned something quite interesting as I googled comedy and tragedy to find appropriate links. What I found was 5,760,000 entries for tragedy, while comedy came in with a whopping 34,900,000. Kudos to humanity. We're trying to look on the bright side.

I am capable of annoying even myself. Not that it’s hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only do most of the videos on AFHV's show people getting hurt, 90% of those are dudes takin' one to the package...what's up with that, America?!?


WST