Tuesday, July 15

The night is impending, the shadows grow long, and the gums are receding. What exactly went wrong?
I suppose we all have a feeling that there are but a few grains of sand remaining in our ever ebbing hourglasses. Especially those of us with immense unfocused, unexploited talent. It all reminds me of this country song, that’s basic message is, don’t blink because life goes so fast that you may miss it if you so much as stop to rest your eyes. And no Grandma in heaven, when I say rest your eyes, I am not referring to one of your famous in church siestas.
Now I’m not meaning to get all sentimental and homegrown on you, talking about marrying my high school sweetheart and sweet talks with my son while we’re fishing when I suddenly understand how much my dad really loved me. Fortunately, life is not always like a country song. I’m just saying, one day you wake up, you’re 25 and pregnant, and you find yourself at a juncture in your life, where you can choose between being strong and determined, or resigning yourself, your life. And when you’re 25 you aren’t old, but you need to make a decision.
It’s time for me to decide. Do I continue on or do I give up my seat for my kid on this ride?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Survey says...?

WST