Wednesday, August 20

Not at all complaining

I had to get out of the house, so I came to Mocha Latte in Jonestown, which is nice and completely out of place in this little town that is so desperately trying to reform itself from the speed freak capital of the hill country. It may be succeeding, because it's starting to resemble quaint. At least on the main thoroughfare. Who can tell what hides down the pitted side streets that take you into the trailer park?

God I love it out here!

I actually wanted to go to some sort of poetry reading, writing group, open mic, etc. but struggled with the idea of driving 35-40 miles one way just to do it. I'll let you guess what won.
Sadly this oasis of semi-culture is closing in 25 minutes, and the owners are already giving me the stink eye, as if to say, "I hope she knows we close at 8."
And I do, and I'm so very sad that I'll soon return to my Auntie's crowded abode. Between the televisions blaring, and the washing machine squealing, and the human body heat accruing, and Don, my uncle's brother's toothless cackling, and the dogs..oh Jesus there are so many dogs!

But of course I am not one to complain.

What oh what will I do with the rest of my evening? Perhaps get started on watching one of the 4 Harry Potter movies that Cris bought for me. Oh wait, I forgot that Don the Toothless has usurped the living room and its 40 inch tv screen as his own personal Sci-Fi channel viewing room.

No, I reckon I'll look around on Craigslist for a job so I can feel like I'm actually trying, before giving up in frustration and tears at my abysmal lack of qualifications to do anything I'd like to...
Watch out, the tears might start early.

But of course I'm not one to complain.

No comments: