Wednesday, August 20

This is not the place for me

I hear her walking down the hall
She says “I love her”
I think “I hate myself”

The smell and presence of canids is overwhelming
It’s stifling
The heat bakes us in this aluminum tube
And there is always someone around
Making some sort of noise
We are too many miles from town

She’s walking by
And my brain is baking
It is slovenly, atrophied
Depressed with calamity
And I just don’t know

Why did I pack up my things
And come here
Expecting a life
But there is no life

Where people can love me when I am most wretched
They call this the “Hollow”
Because that’s where your soul goes
It’s placed on the saliva stringing
Tongues of hungry dogs begging
Sucked into the television
You watch grinning stupidly
As it milks your almost everything

I left my home now I am homeless
I sit inside here I am lifeless

Why did I pack my things and leave?
This is not the place for me

No comments: