Saturday, April 4

Something smells fishy...

I just made, and subsequently ate, sweet potatoes, swiss chard, and mahi mahi. First off, I am a master of sweet potatoes, so of course they were delicious. Second, you've never tasted swiss chard until you've had mine, cooked Asian style. Chances are, you've never had swiss chard any way. It's one of those highly nutritious, dense leafy greens that you find glistening in the produce section, that most Americans tend to avoid.
But not me. I gobble em up!
Now the mahi (I only say "mahi" once because it wasn't tasty enough to warrant saying twice)was a different story. In the collection of the many things I've tried and easily mastered or become enviably proficient at in my life, making fish is not included. It was meh.
And now my house smells like a dumpster at a fish market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog...swiss chard bright lights is a beautiful plant. Never ate any but bet it's delicious..and it's good for you!