Wednesday, April 1

to the person who left a comment on the next to last post

Nicely written, but not exactly spot on.
A change of circumstances doesn't exactly equate to laziness or neglect.
Also, I'm not exactly sure how I've tried to cover my ailing lawn with distracting lawn ornaments.
And I certainly haven't installed a middle finger shaped pool. (Though, if there was a pool shaped like a finger, how would you be able to tell which one it was? I'm sure you meant "shaped like a hand giving the middle finger.")
I guess I'm misunderstood, even by my self, but especially by other people.

And really, I've never been too lazy to water my own lawn. Everything has its turn.

p.s. I really did enjoy the writing.


If you care to read the comment I'm writing about, and you haven't gleaned its location from the title, look at the post which begins "The grass is greener on the side you water."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can’t see the forest for the trees?

no doubt you know yourself better than anyone else could
and certainly much better than some random old weirdo on the internet reading your blog

you seem to have taken my metaphor and applied it to your current circumstance
and under your current mentality

i was actually making an attempt to generate a metaphor that would summarize all of your previous posts
and take into consideration some future posts

(you should sit down someday and read your blog, in it’s entirety; from start to finish)
(good stuff)

now
having read your “life”
trying to pick up on all of your hints & things purposely left unsaid
with some deductive reasoning
one might assume

the fact that you stopped writing about your job(s) might indicate that you are doing something that you neither love nor hate
something that is considered respectable by societies standards
that you might have worked hard to achieve
but also something you never thought you would be doing
or something you see yourself not wanting to call “my career”

the fact that your posts that speak of your boyfriend are generally rather dismal
might indicate that you are actually rather normal (everyone has crappy relationships)
but the fact that he obviously does not read your blog
might explain a lot of other things

and lately
no more mention of family
friends
travels
comments about gaining weight (on several different posts)
and not being able to consume alcohol
might indicate that you have either found god or are pregnant
either way
that would be the pool "shaped like a hand giving the middle finger" i was speaking of

don’t get me wrong
i was/am not judging you
just providing commentary
you asked for it remember
besides
i have no room to talk
i ripped out my lawn and laid down astro-turf many years ago

happy to have entertained you
now feel free to rip me a new one
for the sake of content