Tuesday, January 4

Leaving Houston!

So, I wake up this morning, excited to begin collecting my things, and to organize them into the van so we can get the fuck out, but, strange girl that I am, I decide to brush my teeth first.
I go into the bathroom, scoop the sleep from my eyes wih my ring fingernails, and lift the faucet lever, so the water will run, and after a minute, become hot. But the faucet just farts a little squirt of water, and then...nothing.
I check the other faucets. None of them work. I check the front door. There is a notice that the water service has been disconnected.
Super.
Leaving may be delayed.
I have laundry to do, and hair to wash, and teeth to brush, and oatmeal to eat. So many things, all requiring water.
Where is your holiday spirit Water Works?
Ham peddlers are very busy this time of year.

Thank the lord for toilet water tanks.
I'm drinking coffee my mom made early this morning, reheated.
Need I say more?

Subject change...

Let's say, hypothetically of course, that my period of desert lust had passed. Where would I want to go?
Mexico, baby.
Damn you James, always getting your way.
But for some reason, I really really want to hang out on the Pacific side for a while, taking dramamine and surfing, (hypothetically of course).
All day in the salty water, rising, falling with each passing wave, waiting for the one to ride, all the paddling, the sultry tropics, the midday rain (this time of year), the spanish I'll have to learn.
I don't know if we'll be able to take the van, which sucks.
I'm also excited about the van.
Oh well. One thing at a time. First, money.
That part is gonna suck.

No comments: