Monday, April 9

I’m finding that already, the mind numbing repetitiveness of the ‘normal’ working world, is affecting the tenacity of my neural connections.
Since I’ve started my new job(s), about the only sentences I can think in, are in question form, and they all invariably have to do with the retrieval of a food or beverage for some ‘guest’ or another.

Here are fabricated conversations to demonstrate my current predicament:

The Tiffers: “I’m hungry. What do you want to do for food?”

Me: “Well, the steak is very delicious, but my personal favorite is the smothered chicken.”

or

Ba-rett: “Come over to watch The Office. I’m making sushi.”

Me: “Well, would you like to start off with a cocktail, or maybe a coffee?”

or

Cashier at the Chinese people store down the street: “Your change is $1.68.”

Me: “That’s it!?! You greedy cunt! What did you want me to do for you? Suck your cock? Look, why don’t you just keep this… obviously you need it more than I do?”

Cashier at the Chinese people store down the street: :::looking quite perplexed::: “what the…”

So I’ve decided that I need to be more efficient in spare time usage, in order to counter the intelligence eliminating effects of the service industry. I’ll probably start reading philosophy or something.
Don’t worry, I won’t talk about it. Except to Martynez. I know how much he enjoys that.

I wrote everything prior to this as a prologue to what follows:

My brain is stupid.

One funny thing. I met Ba-rett and his sister Lauren at the Elephant Room a few nights ago for audio/visual jazz observation and beer enjoyment. Some how, as always seems to happen in jazz bars, the movie Spaceballs came up.
Turns out, it’s an old favorite of both Ba-rett’s and mine. We were rehashing over some of our favorite parts, which means, since I’m have an abnormally deplorable ability for movie line retention, even for a girl, I was basically listening to Ba-rett, saying, ‘OH YEAH!’ and laughing. But that’s beside the point.
The point is, one line we (he) remembered was when Dark Helmet says, “Evil will always win, because good is dumb.”
That’s hilarious. I’ll probably be getting it tattooed on my rippling bicep, just under the picture of Rick Moranis’ glasses laden face I had copied from the ‘Honey, I Shrunk The Kids!’ VHS cover, a couple years back.

I have a period pimple on my right cheek which is changing the landscape of my face, so now I have one really high and distinguished cheek bone. You are halfway jealous.

Also, I now have a 9 week old puppy named Curry, who is part Chow and part mutt, and also a spaz. She is being crazy in my house and she wants to bite everything, including me, all the time, puppies are stupid. I would post pictures of her, but I don’t have a camera or money anymore, so c’est la vie, and it sucks, sometimes. Just trust me, she is the cutest puppy that’s ever existed.

Ugh, it’s freezing and rainy and it’s April. What the fuck, is this England or something?

Note: To any English readers, sorry but your country is known to be cold and rainy. We know that this is the reason that, in general, despite their more serious dispositions, English people are more smarter-er than Americans. You have more time for reading by fires and drinking tea.
(See how dumb my brain is since I’m both a server and an American? I said ‘more smarter-er’. Case closed.)

OH MY HOLY FUCKING HELL! ICE IS FALLING FROM THE SKY AND LANDING ON A VARIETY OF THINGS IN, NOT ONLY MY YARD, BUT ALSO OTHER PEOPLES, AND IT’S MAKING NOISES! ARMAGEDDON!
Either that or sleet.
Must I repeat, it is April. What the fuck?
It’s been in the 90’s in January here before. This is wack yo!

p.s. I’m sick and I’m pretty sure it’s either typhoid or strep throat or the weather, but my neck is hot and my throat hurts so much that every time I swallow, it’s an event. I’d like to add here that Chloraseptic is DA MAN! I probably need to sleep.

No comments: