Thursday, December 30

Everything I Need To Know, I Don't...

The older I get, the more I learn, the more I experience, the more I realize I know nothing.

There's this:
Light always travels at the same speed relative to some observer, no matter what the relative motion of the observer. So, light emitted from a moving airplane does not travel with the speed of light plus the speed of the airplane, it travels with the "speed of light", no matter what the speed of the airplane! In a vacuum, light always travels at a speed of 299,792,458 meters per second, no matter how its speed is measured.

So, if I'm travelling at 299, 792,458 meters per second, then light is travelling at 299,792,458 meters per second faster than me.

That's how it is with the things I need to know.
No matter how how much closer I feel, or how quickly I feel I'm accelerating, I am still the exact same distance from wisdom. From truth.
The prophet Mohammed said something, which I'm probably screwing up, like the closer he is to knowing God, the farther he realizes he is from knowing god, or the more he realizes he has to learn.
Something like that.
(In my opinion, Mohammed, being an enlightened man of sorts, when saying "God", means truth. To me truth, or all that is not illusion, is God.)

So the more I think I know, the less I realize I do.
I suppose that's the problem with thinking.
It is all illusion, so rarely can truth be found in the mess of it.
So I suppose even more that the only way I will ever make progress, will be when I stop thinking about things, stop seeking, and start being.
And then I'll understand something about truth.
And then I'll understand that I really know nothing, that nothing is not me, that there is nothing to know.
That there only is.

Does this make sense?
No, not to me either.

No comments: