Tuesday, December 21

War! Oppression! War! Violence!

War!
War!
War!

My stepdad is watching Band of Brothers again. Maybe the above song should say "American Propaganda!" too. Maybe.

I had a dream last night that my dad was in the same house with the uncle who molested my little sister. My dad wanted to fight him, so they went outside and started doing this ridiculous kung fu, sound effects and all. My uncle was in very good humor about it all, like it was a joke.
The next thing I know they're in the bathroom, some sort of out door bathroom. My dad has my uncle grab the shower curtain rod, and sews his fingers to his hands. I ask my uncle a question I can't remember now, but my dad has sewn his lips together. Dad rips the thread out so he can answer me, and none of this even seems to hurt my uncle.
The thread is left dangling from the corner of my uncle's mouth, the knotted end on the outside, and he moves it around with his tongue, saying that it bothers him.
Of all the things going on to be bothered by!
That's all I remember of that one.

But it reminds me...
Once, when I was about 8, I had been playing with my next door neighbor, Jessica, who was about 4, at our church. I had picked her up and accidentally dropped her, and she hit her head. She cried alot, but that was all the damage done.
So the next day my sister and I were out front of our house, playing, and Jessica's dad came up to us, and started yelling. He said I better never hurt his daughter again, and asked us how we'd like it if he tied us to the back of his car and dragged us down the street.
We said we wouldn't like that, and when he finished threatening us, (we didn't know we should have left), we went inside crying.
We told my dad what had happened, and he was furious. He went next door, started yelling at the guy, cursing, and said he was going to kick his ass. They ended up out in the street, my dad yanking his shirt off, very pissed, more yelling, ready to fight.
The guy ended up apologizing, and they never fought, but I was so suprised that my dad was going to fight for us. It made me kind of happy.
Now, much later obviously, I understand that we only got a dollop of this neighbor's anger.
He was a wife beater.

Once, when a bunch of us kids were playing around outside, we walked by their window, and he was hitting her in the head, and on the back and shoulders, with a rolled up newspaper. Like a dog.

And the universe comes full circle in my head.
But what does it mean?
What does it mean ?



1 comment:

Candice said...

how about you decide for your self?